Monday, January 10, 2022
Food Culture Analysis!
Just like I wrote on my introduction, I’m Japanese,
and currently living in Japan. Japan is known as an island country: a country
surrounded by the ocean. Given this
information, which country came up to your mind as a country with a similar
characteristic? My answer would be Australia, and by chance, it was the country
I was assigned to analyze the food culture of. Forget my unskilled
introduction, and let me introduce what I learned about the country’s food
culture from the book "Hungry Planet". As I mentioned, Australia is geographically similar to Japan; it is enclosed
by the sea. Obviously, this has a lot to do with the similarity between the cuisine
of the two countries; Seafood is often consumed as a primary option in both of
the countries. Though the Australians may not eat raw fishes, they still enjoy
eating them. The big difference, however, is perhaps the history of the two
countries. While Japan maintained its distinctiveness, Australia was ruled mainly
by the British people and accepted immigrants from various countries, which
caused the merge of several different food cultures. This difference caused the
two countries form their own unique food cultures. Japan’s so-called washoku
has many unique features compared to the European, American, and other kinds
of food. The food eaten in Australia contains the characteristics of numerous ethnic
cuisines. I personally prefer Australian food, because it’s relatively close to
American cuisine, and I think the variety of the food there would be quite
enjoyable. It’s not like I don’t like Japanese food; the simple taste of washoku
is pretty nice, too. Anyway, that’s it for my analysis. Analyzing the country’s
cuisine made me want to visit Australia. I hope I could go there one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Restaurant Review!!
The tacos I made....wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure if I could call it delicious. So, I've decided to visit a taco place in Ha...
-
The tacos I made....wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure if I could call it delicious. So, I've decided to visit a taco place in Ha...
-
After choosing a book to read, I have decided to analyze a poem. The poem I analyzed is “Coca Cola and Coco Frio”, written by Martín Espada....
-
In the near future, I am planning to post a review on a restaurant; a restaurant that would be suitable for this blog. Although I have only...
No comments:
Post a Comment