Now that I leaned a little about how to write a blog, I have decided to learn about tacos. Even though I’ve been talking a lot about tacos, I barely know the details of the cuisine. After some research on the internet, I found a book that would definitely help me develop my understandings towards tacos. The title of the book is “Planet Taco: A Global History Of Mexican Food”, and is written by Jeffrey M. Pilcher. Though the author, Pilcher has studied about the global history of food recently, he was originally focusing on the food history of Latin America, and he shares his knowledge about it through this book. Looking through the contents and the explanation, it seems like this book will look through the process of how Mexican food spread across the United States, and became globally popular afterwards. One of the few things I know about Mexican cuisine in the United States is the infamous Tex-Mex food, even though I have no idea what it’s like. I’m pretty sure this book talks a little about it. I’m looking forward to reading this book, and learn the history of my beloved tacos. I will give an update on my progress later on, so please stay tuned!
Monday, January 10, 2022
Planet Taco!!
Now that I leaned a little about how to write a blog, I have decided to learn about tacos. Even though I’ve been talking a lot about tacos, I barely know the details of the cuisine. After some research on the internet, I found a book that would definitely help me develop my understandings towards tacos. The title of the book is “Planet Taco: A Global History Of Mexican Food”, and is written by Jeffrey M. Pilcher. Though the author, Pilcher has studied about the global history of food recently, he was originally focusing on the food history of Latin America, and he shares his knowledge about it through this book. Looking through the contents and the explanation, it seems like this book will look through the process of how Mexican food spread across the United States, and became globally popular afterwards. One of the few things I know about Mexican cuisine in the United States is the infamous Tex-Mex food, even though I have no idea what it’s like. I’m pretty sure this book talks a little about it. I’m looking forward to reading this book, and learn the history of my beloved tacos. I will give an update on my progress later on, so please stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Restaurant Review!!
The tacos I made....wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure if I could call it delicious. So, I've decided to visit a taco place in Ha...
-
The tacos I made....wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure if I could call it delicious. So, I've decided to visit a taco place in Ha...
-
After choosing a book to read, I have decided to analyze a poem. The poem I analyzed is “Coca Cola and Coco Frio”, written by Martín Espada....
-
In the near future, I am planning to post a review on a restaurant; a restaurant that would be suitable for this blog. Although I have only...
No comments:
Post a Comment